Thanks again, and encouragement for newbies.

MJCP

Sep 14, 2007
Michigan
It's funny I seldom come to this site now, but when I first started with a used pool at the house we bought I was here several times a day.
I just opened my pool and knock on wood, everything looks pretty good.

I just wanted to say thanks again to TFP, and all the people in these forums who helped me achieve advanced amateur status.

to any newbies reading - be patient, (search the forum for POP), and rest assured you found the right group of people to help you get your pool under control.

I can repeat the OP words as my own.

I joined here in, 2012 I think with just an Intex pool? Read several times a day. From day 1 I could as someone stated in another thread toss a quarter down on the bottom and tell if it was heads or tails and read the date.

I blew up my SWG with an electrical problem in the garage last year and with temps all summer in the 70's and water temps in the low 70's, no activity made me lazy and I would start to get algae not keeping up with the bleach. 2 or 3 times I had to do an elevated FC level for a day or 2 and clear it.

I don't have a cover on the pool for winter. I have more important things to spend money on. Thus, when spring hits, my pool looks like the local pond, as it does right now. I've done 2 springs and this will be the 3rd. If history repeats from the previous 2 years, my wife is bringing the water level up to the filter inlet today and I will be able to read the date on a quarter by the end of the week.

The bleach is a bit of a PITA doing it every day. Last year I was lazy as I said after blowing up the SWG. New Intex SWG is getting purchased next week. SWG is the way to go, the first 2 years I never did anything to the pool other than testing levels after erecting in 2012 and first spring open in 2013 and initially balancing the water.

This site is a goldmine of information. I may have not come here often any more, but it has help more than I could ever hope.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.