Handheld pool vacuum recommendations

Jun 8, 2011
Charleston, IL
Hi,
I'm looking at a battery operated handheld vacuum to get the fine dirt particles that collect where the walls and floors meet in our pool. Can anyone recommend one over the other? I have not had much luck finding current reviews. They all seem about 4+ years old. Thanks.

The things we do for our pools eh? My pool is cleaner than inside of my house ever thought about being!

My pool is cleaner than the inside of my house too. I decided to get one of these so I can just vacuume it right up without dealing with hoses...lol I can see the bottome perfectly now so no need to have the auto cleaner getting caught on my ladder.

My pool is cleaner than the inside of my house too. I decided to get one of these so I can just vacuume it right up without dealing with hoses...lol I can see the bottome perfectly now so no need to have the auto cleaner getting caught on my ladder.

LOL - I agree! And, I think the pool is easier to keep that way - you should see the paw prints across my floors thanks to the spring rains!

I was looking at the same model you've purchased - it looks like the new version is the iVac m3???? Did you look at that model as well?

Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi,
I'm looking at a battery operated handheld vacuum to get the fine dirt particles that collect where the walls and floors meet in our pool. Can anyone recommend one over the other? I have not had much luck finding current reviews. They all seem about 4+ years old. Thanks.
I have a pool blaster Catfish and the fine silt bag. I'm happy with it. The battery is the weak spot. You do need to run it way down - it gets to where it stops vacuuming worth beans but it still makes noise - and then unplug the charger when it says green. But it does pick up shingle grit well.

Ok so I finally put the pool master max to use. It is easy to use. The bag that comes with it picks up well. I do have a fine silt bag on the way. Here is what the bag that came with it picked up. Which was sand some grass and debris. Pool floor now clean. Took me about 10 mins

I have this same one! I love mine. A couple of hints...use the fine mesh filter it works much better. Also, I keep a jar of Vaseline just for my vac. I lube the opening every couple of times I use it. You cannot get any water inside the battery pack or it will kill it. I also only charge mine when I can keep an eye on it. I learned from research on here it will overcharge.

I bought the pool blaster max yesterday for a very large gunite pool, almost 60,000 gallons. we opened the pool in late may and it has not been cleaned until June 26th, the pool was filthy but the "pool blaster max" did a great job of cleaning it, I did have to empty and wash the filter 4-5 times and in total it took about 1.5 hours to clean but with weekly cleanings I think I can get it down to 30 mins. overall good product for sub $200 price point.

I ordered the Blaster CG as well and have used it once. Overall I think it's pretty good - I got it to clean my my tanning ledge and didn't realize my ledge isn't deep enough to use it since it has to be fully submerged....Oh well, I still think it will come in handy for the corners in the deep end.......

I also have the poolblaster Max, I have the silt bag but still have to add a skimmer sock to it to pick up fine , seems to help a lot but plugs up easier.
Just wish they would build these things with Lithium Ion battery's, they claim 1 hr run time, but after 15 min or so you can tell they chug along slower which makes pick up very weak.
At least with Lithium they would instantly shut down when it reaches 20% charge left so your not wasting your time thinking its picking up when in fact your just stirring the fine silt and causing it to dissipate.

I also have the poolblaster Max, I have the silt bag but still have to add a skimmer sock to it to pick up fine , seems to help a lot but plugs up easier.
Just wish they would build these things with Lithium Ion battery's, they claim 1 hr run time, but after 15 min or so you can tell they chug along slower which makes pick up very weak.
At least with Lithium they would instantly shut down when it reaches 20% charge left so your not wasting your time thinking its picking up when in fact your just stirring the fine silt and causing it to dissipate.

Mine is good for about 4-5 vacuuming sessions 10-20 mins each before I need to charge

I usually get closer to 25 minutes of decent vacuuming and then a lot of noise without much vacuuming. I consider the poolblaster to be the carpet sweeper and the manual vacuum to be the real vacuum. The blaster is good for little piles of debris, but isn't big enough for the whole pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.