How to Pipe

Many of our members prefer Jandy never lube valves. You shouldn't need a check valve unless your equipment pad is way higher than the pool. You may also want to add unions between the pump and filter and the filter and pool ( or whatever equipment is next). If you can post a picture of your equipment pad that will help us give you more detailed advice.

The check valves you find at many home stores have about 10x the head loss as a Jandy check valve so that would not be my first choice.

So here is a pick of my whole system. I think I have 2 chlorinators (gray container and hayward). Currently the heater doesn't seem to be connected. Can you tell me how to pipe it? Also want to put a valve in front of the heater so I can bypass it. Is that OK to do? Or a reason why I shouldn't? Thank you.
IMG_92502.jpg

So what is wrong with the way it is plumbed now and why are you changing it? The heater may have been disconnected because it leaks and/or doesn't work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.