Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Add a shoutbox?

1. Back To Top    #1

Add a shoutbox?

What the title says^^^^

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Add a shoutbox?

Perhaps you might want to explain what a 'shoutbox' is for those that don't know. Clarity in your posts will help everyone on the forum.

My question is what do you think a shoutbox would add to this forum? It's really just a chat feature and this board used to have a chat that was not used so it was taken out.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)

Shoutboxes are a large annoying window where people chat instead of using the forum to post and wait for a response. They are relatively useless but are popular on gaming sites. Oh, in case you were wondering, I won't be installing a chatobx. 8)
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    St. Petersburg, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    I won't be installing a chatobx. 8)
    15,000 gal. IG fiberglass pool w/ 1 hp Hayward Max-Flo and 250 lb. Hayward sand filter
    Located in St. Petersburg, Florida, and enclosed in a birdcage

5. Back To Top    #5
    The Great State of Texas

no chatboxes
    18' AG Pool, 6900 gallons, 55 sq. ft. Hayward Easy Clear Cartridge Filter, 1hp Power Flow LX Pump, North Texas

6. Back To Top    #6

Since this is pretty much decided by Sean that there will be no shoutbox I am locking this thread since it really serves no further purpose.