Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stone choice down to two

1. Back To Top    #1

Stone choice down to two

We have chosen our coping and narrowing down the stone choice. quite the adventure getting this far. Time is running short.
    Our coping is Walnut Travertine. The two stone choices are Falcon Mist and Pinewood Country Ledge. We will have grout for both stones. Opinions?

These pictures were taken on a cloudy day.

Here is the coping on a pallet of the Falcon Mist in the yard.

Here is the wall board of the Falcon Mist.

Here is a wall of the Pinewood and the coping on top.

Here is another shot of the Pinewood with coping.
    Pool build spring/summer 2015. IG. 750 sq ft pool. 40 sq.ft spa. 18ft x 42ft rectangle, 31,000 gallons, SWG, DE Pentair model, 2 boosters variable speed model, heater master temp Pentair, Quartz finish Aegean Green, CoverStar Automated Pool Cover, Kreepy Krawley Platinum, TF100,SpeedStir My Build in Progress

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stone choice down to two

I really like the "falcon mist"

3. Back To Top    #3

Falcon mist for me also!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Oops, I'm odd man out! I like the Pinewood.

Samples vary soooo much which sometimes shoots down my reasons for a choice. I actually thought the first 2 photos were of different stone styles...

Here are my reasons for the Pinewood :
    1. I like the smaller stones
    2. I like the more muted colors (my stone/tile choices are soooo muted and neutral, but it's what I like)
    3. I like the contrast between the coping and the Pinewood.

But even more important to me would be the answer to: Which one looks better with your surroundings?

Best of luck! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

I like the pinewood
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

6. Back To Top    #6

Considering your coping, I think the pinewood matches a bit better to be honest.
    13K Gallon IG Pool/Spa -- First time pool owners -- Completed in 2015 Caribbean Blue Pebble Tec Pentair 4000 Series 47 sq. ft. D.E. Filter Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump Pentair SWG Jandy LXi Heater 400,000 BTU S.R. Smith Typhoon Slide Pentair LED 12v Lights Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner TF-100 Test Kit
    Our Build Thread

7. Back To Top    #7

I like the Pinewood better as well.