New filter and pump, tricks...tips....or advice for install

Coonspool

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2013
Princeton, Indiana
So....just got new filter and pump.

Hayward Power-Flo Matrix SP15922S 2 Speed 1 HP bought off amazon for 229 shipped.

Hayward Pro-Series S244T 24" bought off ebay for 199 shipped.

I thought those were some excellent prices, of course I bought them in January when prices were at a seasonal low.

Any tips or advice before I start the install. What do I need to inspect before and during install, any hints tips or tricky advice to be aware of? Thanks in advance.

Just be sure to turn the power off before you start unwiring the pump! :)

If where your pump is located is lower than the water level, then you wil either need to close a valve or lower the water lower than the elevation of the pump. Otherwise, you are going to have a flood!

thats about it! Good luck with your new stuff! Im sure you'll love it!

If you are not currently having any leaks , etc. I would assemble it and see what happens. Seems like I have not had any past problems but always manage to have to fix my work I just did!!

Well buying off season to get a cheaper price did me no good. I received the pump Feb 3 and didn't open the box till yesterday......strainer basket housing is cracked, obviously done during shipping or packing, I'm bummed. Now gotta get new housing, 70 bucks shipped...what a savings. Thing is, the box it was shipped in looked perfect, not a dent in it anywhere. I obviously should have opened the box and looked....sniff....sniff. Amazon would not take it back since it was over their 30 day return limit.

:mad:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.