question cya

Jul 7, 2014
Lancaster PA
after fighting with high cya last year well now i got it to less then 20 cya. I have some bioguard clc3 left over and was wondering how much of that to increase my cya by 30? Figure now is the time to try and use it since it is mostly useless.

Thank you
Shawn

CLC is Cal-Hypo so does not raise CYA, only raises CH and FC, note you should be particularly careful with it as it will react explosively with dichlor or trichlor (which do add CYA in addition to FC)

no problem is my cya is below 20 now so need to increase it and wanted to use the clc@3 instead of just my liquid chlorine . i need the cya added!
Bioguard CLC 3 does not contain CYA, it contains calcium - it's CalHypo.

You need to go,by WalMart and just pick up a bottle of granular stabilizer and add it via the sock method. Pool Math will dertemine the amount you need to add. Rather than adding it all at once, break it up into two additions so that you can test before you make the final addition. Differences on pool volume may cause you to overshoot if you do it all at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.