Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IG Liner Sags * Pic Posted

1. Back To Top    #1

IG Liner Sags * Pic Posted

Hi all,

We are opening our very small 12 x 20 in ground liner pool and have a question. After removing the cover, we notice 3 sags in the liner. Is there a simple way to fix this or is it a huge problem? The water level is low due to when we closed it. We are wondering if we will have to drain more water in order to fix the liner or if we can continue to open the lines and get the filter running. The pool is only 2 years old. I have a call into the pool installer, but figured I would post here as well. I've included a few pics. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. IMG_5760.jpg IMG_5761.jpgIMG_5761.jpg
    Last edited by Suzanne81571; 05-09-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added another pic

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IG Liner Sags * Pic Posted

It is a fairly simple fix to pop the liner back into the groove, at least in theory, in reality it can be frustrating to actually get it to go in.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Hot day--------hair dryer/heat gun--------STREEEEEETCH!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Do we have to take off the 1/2 round white edging to pull the liner back up?

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

You dint have to, but it would make it much quicker and easier
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

No.
    the half round white edging is the coping. There is a liner track groove where the liner bead goes that is actually part of it. The coping is concreted in anyhow. Theres no way to remove it.

Lowering the water level will give you more liner material to help stretch it back up and get it back into the liner track.
    Like isaac says, its simple in theory, but can be extremely frustrating and you need some very strong fingers. On top of that, you will prolly be lying on your tummy trying to do it. Knee pads help. (ask me how i know!)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne81571 View Post
    Do we have to take off the 1/2 round white edging to pull the liner back up?
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Hot day--------hair dryer/heat gun--------STREEEEEETCH!
    I second the hot day but I'd use hot water on the liner. If you go with a hair dryer, be very careful with it around the water.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Hot water worked for me yesterday. It does not have to be super hot. I used hot water right out of my hot water heater. Just have someone keep pouring while you stretch, working from either end in toward the center. Five minutes and she popped back in.

See:
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...f-track-A-B-Cs
    Steve
    32 X 16 inground, 17260 gallons, Vinyl Liner, Triton II TR-60 filter,
    Sta-Rite 1hp pump Model #MPRA6E-147L, CircuPool SI-30 Plus SWG, TF-100 Test Kit