Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Build Completed - West Houston

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Build Completed - West Houston

Hello! I read this forum for several months soaking up as much knowledge as I could to help design our pool and prepare for our build. I learned so much and loved reading all the build posts so thought the least I could do to give back is post our build pics and answer any questions you might have.

It was surely a long and stressful process but took everybody's advice that it would all be worth it in the end....and it was! We had our fair share of typical issues but I am now happy to say this was relatively trouble free build!

My Pool Build
    15k gal IG freeform w/ attached spa, Wet Edge Luna Quartz Bermuda, 3.5' to 5.5' depth, Intelliflo VS pump, Cartridge filter, MasterTemp heater
    1 hp Whisperflo for ledge bubblers/weeping rock wall, Polaris 280, EasyTouch 8 Automation, Intellibrite 5G color LED's, TF-100 w/ Speedstir, Stenner Peristaltic Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pool Build Completed - West Houston

Have you ordered a recommended test kit so you are ready to maintain the pool when it is finished? Pool progress look great congrats!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes! I have the TF-100 test kit. Just to clarify, this build is fully complete. I hit my upload limit so I will need a Photobucket account or similar to post the rest of the pics. Coming soon!

I have been using Trichlor pucks to slowly bring up the CYA and supplementing with bleach. Levels are all within range except we have pretty high Calcium hardness from the tap (pool store says 320 but my tests range between 525-600).
    My Pool Build
    15k gal IG freeform w/ attached spa, Wet Edge Luna Quartz Bermuda, 3.5' to 5.5' depth, Intelliflo VS pump, Cartridge filter, MasterTemp heater
    1 hp Whisperflo for ledge bubblers/weeping rock wall, Polaris 280, EasyTouch 8 Automation, Intellibrite 5G color LED's, TF-100 w/ Speedstir, Stenner Peristaltic Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Great! Open. Photobucket acct so we can see the finished product. You should add your TF 100 to your signature. My CH is high too due to well water. Even the municipal water here is hard too though.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Hey Robbie! Always good to see another Houston area pool owner on this forum. I can't wait to see the rest of your build. These 'already completed' builds are fun cuz we already know it's a happy ending!

From the dig, forms, and Rebar, it looks like your pool has really nice lines. I love your stone/brick fence.

Don't tease us anymore - hurry up with those pictures! Thanks for sharing your build! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

My Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Love it!
    Lisa

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow sure looks nice! CONGRATS ! Really like how they did your buolder work. See you went to COSTCO also for the chaise lounges they had on sale. Alot of your build looks like mine especially the spa, almost exactly like mine. Who was upur PB?
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

10. Back To Top    #10

THAT'S really impressive. It simply sparkles. Congrats on your new pool!

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Fantastic! It's as if you had INSTANT pool build! I'm hoping mine will feel that way when I look back on our completed pictures.

You have a bee-u-tiful pool! I love your tile and coping color choices, and the water color is stunning. What a deck! In the photo, it's so clean and new - just like a newborn baby's bottom!

How long was it between the dig and water fill? (no bonus points for a fast build)

Just in time for warmer weather! Enjoy! Suz.

Forgot to mention: that's awesome how you used the rock around the pipes in front of your equipment pad. I don't think I've seen that done before - or haven't noticed. I'm going to print that photo and show it to my DIY landscaper!
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice! Do you like the luna quartz Bermuda finish? Were there any other colors you considered?
    Pool build spring/summer 2015. IG. 750 sq ft pool. 40 sq.ft spa. 18ft x 42ft rectangle, 31,000 gallons, SWG, DE Pentair model, 2 boosters variable speed model, heater master temp Pentair, Quartz finish Aegean Green, CoverStar Automated Pool Cover, Kreepy Krawley Platinum, TF100,SpeedStir My Build in Progress

13. Back To Top    #13

Beautiful!!!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

14. Back To Top    #14

WoW ! Very nicely done!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

15. Back To Top    #15

So so so beautifull!!!! When I finally post pics of my 14x26 diy rectangle liner pool, I'll almost be a little embarrassed..... These gunite pools on here are incredible
    14x26 rectangle vinyl liner pool . 1.5 hp 2 speed tri star pump, 2 aqua genie skimmers , no main drain. 175 sq ft star clear cartridge filter. 200,000 btu hayward heater Tf-100

16. Back To Top    #16

Really love the natural looking tiles and stone work. The pool looks amazing! You must be so proud!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

17. Back To Top    #17

Me too. Love the finish color. Very nice Blue Water...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

18. Back To Top    #18

Awesome pool
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

19. Back To Top    #19

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Suz, the build took approximately 6 weeks from dig to fill. They moved fairly quickly considering all the rain we had. I decided on the rocks around the equipment pad to avoid hitting the plumbing when mowing the grass. I also extended the pad 6 ft so I could put one of those plastic storage sheds there.

Yes, I love the Luna Quartz Bermuda color. I didn't really consider any of the other Luna Quartz colors except for Montego but I was afraid it would show too much green tint. I had seen other pools with a gray finish and liked how it gives the water a steel blue color.
    My Pool Build

20. Back To Top    #20

That is such a great looking pool-nice lines, decking, and great colors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast