Looking for builder recs in socal

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
Hello, new to the The forum, we are looking to build a freeform pool here in Southern California. There is so much to learn about building a pool I figured I would start by reviewing this for site and asking other Southern California residents about who they utilized to build their pool. We are looking to build a smaller pool and spa probably 30 x 15 in the backyard. I have reviewed Angie's list but there's just not a lot of detail about the process or the builders I have been talking to Mission pools in lake forest, and dreamscapes MGR, and conscious environments. I like the fact that Mission pools has been in business since 1961 but I can't seem to find a lot of positive reviews on Angie's list or other sites. Angie's list can be hit and miss with regard to the accuracy of the ratings. We just found this out when we utilized a highly rated Angie's list contractor to put in some stairs for us the project turned into a nightmare. I figured others on this board maybe building pools or have built pools and can help out with recommendations thank you so much.

Ditto to what Tim said! I'm new, so I can't always offer any tips, especially technical. But I can at least be friendly, right!

You're in the best place. TFP is fantastic for support, information, and stress reduction!

I've had similar experience with AL, so I'll share some of the resources I used or heard about later for pool builder referrals. Some may help, some may not.
1. Community or neighborhood forums - around here, they're like a mini AngiesList. But I found them to be more helpful.

2. Pool supply stores.

3. Pool and tile suppliers/showrooms. They know the area builders!

4. Area gunite/shotcrete companies and other pool subcontractors.

5. Other pool forums - there's a garden forum with a pool and spa section with archived posts by pool builders across the country.

6. TFP! I found this site to be the most active. Do a search for various names in or near your area. If you like what you see and read, Private Message them for the name of their pool builder.

7. Facebook. It can be surprising the people who have good referrals to share. Some might be people you never thought of.

If I remember any more, I'll post again. I hope something here helps. Take care! Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.