Upgrading pump

bsull

May 9, 2015
DFW, TX
Hi guys.. long time reader here and I love the site. First time posting.

Motor died on my WhisperFlo WF-28 C and want to upgrade to Intelliflo VS (011018). I know I could just replace the motor, but I'd like to go ahead and have an all new wet end as well. My question is, is the gray nipple on my current pump inlet sch 80 pvc? Think I have enough room to cut the current one out and fit a new union without running into my jandy valve? Thanks.

Attachments

• pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 37
I,don't know if it's schedule 80, but it does appear you have sufficient room to add a union there. Carefully cute it off as close to,the pump as you can and you should have 3-4 inches to work with. Up you only need an inch nor so.

Got it in without any problems. As you said there was plenty of room for the union. Used Oatey All Purpose cement since I didn't know if it was pvc or cpvc. Purring away at 1500 rpm (300 W) right now and dry as a bone. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.