Angry Dumped 40% CYA still at 85, I'm slamming 3 days now

Ph 7.8
    FC 16
    CC-0
    TC 0
    TA 80
    CALCIUM- TURNED PINK NOT RED??
    CYA 85-90

MY CYA WAS ABOUT 100 . I DRAINED 35-40 % OF POOL. i AM SLAMMING NOW BUT FROM MY READING IT STILL SUGGEST MORE POOL DUMP. I LIVE IN CALIF AND AT ANY MOMENT THEY ARE GOING TO COME AND ARREST ME!! OR MY NEIGHBORS ATTACK ME FOR WAISTING WATER!!! HEHE.
    I ACTUALLY DUMPED 3/4 TWO MONTHS AGO. WHATS GOING ON HERE!!!!! I SHOULD HAVE DRAINED THE WHOLE FRICKN THING 2 MONTHS AGO. I DO HAVE TONS OF TREE LEAFS AND **** THAT FALL INTO THE WATER. btw BOUGHT A TIGER SHARK. WORTHLESS!! DON'T BUY ONE.

PS HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPP LET ME GUESS DUMP?
    I heard there is something that just came on the market that lowers CYA has anyone heard of it.
    Chris M. 20k, inground, defilter, pebbletek, 1hp motor,Tiger Shark QC (crappy pool cleaner), TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumped 40% CYA still at 85, I'm slamming 3 days now

Yes, there is a new BioActive powder that is now on the market, but folks who. Have tested and reported here give less than stellar reviews. Some have reported small reductions while other have had no reduction at all.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If you can dump some more water and refill to get CYA a little lower. You need to make sure you are targeting correct FC shock level and hitting it by testing 30 mins later. Don't test for PH or anything else when your FC is above 10 as it will not be accurate.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

I just wanted to make sure that you are not using any dry chlorine products that may drive your CYA back up?
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

I am not!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am shocking at 26.5 FC now. No other suggestions. Pool looks great but can't swim in it at these levels and Phosphate level still seems to be at 200 or so.

- - - Updated - - -

I am shocking at 26.5 FC now. No other suggestions. Pool looks great but can't swim in it at these levels and Phosphate level still seems to be at 200 or so.
    Chris M. 20k, inground, defilter, pebbletek, 1hp motor,Tiger Shark QC (crappy pool cleaner), TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

You can swim at anything up to shock levels. So, with 90 CYA you can swim with FC up to 35. People are generally more uncomfortable,with pH out of range than high FC. The problem is that with FC above 10 pH tests are inaccurate.

Ignore phosphates.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

7. Back To Top    #7

so do you suggest i continue to slam???
    And just to be sure, you say its ok to allow swimming with my FC at 26

8. Back To Top    #8

If you can not pass the OCLT, you need to continue to SLAM the pool.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by chrismassod View Post
    so do you suggest i continue to slam???
    And just to be sure, you say its ok to allow swimming with my FC at 26
    i admit I'm not sure the reason for your SLAM, but have you passed the 3 criteria:

Water Clear
    CC less than .5
    Pass OCLT

Only you can allow swimming, all I can say is that it is safe.

10. Back To Top    #10

When doing the OCLT test do you shut filter off for the night??

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

I did not for mine.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

12. Back To Top    #12

No, leave it running...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

13. Back To Top    #13

I'm in the middle of a high CYA SLAM as well. I had algae and a CYA of 120+, and drained half the water to get it down to 85. I'm shocking at an FC level of 35, and hoping to pass the OCLT and CC test in the morning. I've been at it for 8 days now, and know I'm pretty close, but I'm not stopping until I'm sure.

Good luck with your SLAM, let us know how the OCLT go. What was the reason for your SLAM? Looks like your CC's were good?

Jeff
    Katy (Houston, TX) - 15,000 gallon In Ground free form kidney shaped 30'x15' pool with Pebble surface. Spa - 8' round with waterfall. Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter (not sure which model though - maybe C3025?). Pleatco replacement cartridges x 4, 1.5HP Hayward Century Pump, Hayward Booster Pump (model 6060). Chlorine tab dispenser, which I won't be using. Polaris cleaner. TF-100.