Pool heater

Jun 22, 2014
Owasso, OK
Hello, it's been awhile since I have needed help. You've never steered me wrong so I hope to get some good advice. My maxi therm 333 has been giving me trouble with the igniter going out 3 times in the past few months. Now the service heater light is on again. I shut it off and the blower makes a sound like bearings going out or loose pieces grinding about. The same man who has replaced the igniters will come look at it but my gut feeling is a new heater is in order if not now, in the near future. I heat my pool to 87, live in Oklahoma, put a vinyl dome over it in the winter and I swim daily due to health issues. So my question to anyone who has an opinion is which is the best heater for me to buy? Looking for information on the Internet or in stores I feel everyone is serving their own agenda and trying to sell a certain brand. I need an unbiased opinion from knowledgable people like you guys! Thanks!

Thanks Paul, it looks like a good one. Do you know if it will work with my existing equipment? The nearest dealer is in Dallas and I live in the Tulsa area. Do you think I would have trouble getting it and/or getting service if needed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.