Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool heater

Hello, it's been awhile since I have needed help. You've never steered me wrong so I hope to get some good advice. My maxi therm 333 has been giving me trouble with the igniter going out 3 times in the past few months. Now the service heater light is on again. I shut it off and the blower makes a sound like bearings going out or loose pieces grinding about. The same man who has replaced the igniters will come look at it but my gut feeling is a new heater is in order if not now, in the near future. I heat my pool to 87, live in Oklahoma, put a vinyl dome over it in the winter and I swim daily due to health issues. So my question to anyone who has an opinion is which is the best heater for me to buy? Looking for information on the Internet or in stores I feel everyone is serving their own agenda and trying to sell a certain brand. I need an unbiased opinion from knowledgable people like you guys! Thanks!
    20K In ground Fiberglass with Sta-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter model # S7M120, A.C. Smith Centurion Switchless Motor 1.5HP pump part # 0-177896-22, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm 333 Heater Model # SR 333NA and Intellichlor IC-20 SWG. Pool was put in place December 2009 and started up April 2010.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool heater

Buy a Rayoak. It has good ratings on here plus it doesn't have the blower motor to contend with or any extra moving parts.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool heater

Thanks Paul, it looks like a good one. Do you know if it will work with my existing equipment? The nearest dealer is in Dallas and I live in the Tulsa area. Do you think I would have trouble getting it and/or getting service if needed?