Liquid Chlorine affect on PH

Had pool replastered about 1 year ago and been on TFPC method. Have always had problem with controlling PH (goes up). Went to Leslies to buy MA & Liquid Chlorine a few weeks ago and they said problem with consistent high PH is the use of liquid chlorine. They claim that liquid chlorine raises PH. Any thoughts?

Here are current water chemistry readings:

FC=4.0
PH=7.5
TA=60
CH=300
CYA=30

I disagree on the chlorine comment also. I would look more at your TA of 60, and maybe bring that up a tiny bit. I just brought mine up form 60 to 80 and I am putting in a lot less acid. I'm also letting the pH sit closer to 7.8.

The effect of chlorine introduced into a pool is a neutral change in pH.

True, it initially has a pH of around 11.7 I think, but the change to HCl in your pool neutralizes that and results in no appreciable change in your pH in your pool water

Liquid chlorine does raise pH, because it is basic..... but then, so is rain. Typical Pool Store specious argument. I'd take a look at your TA. It seems a bit low.

Your pH control issues are most likely from the replastering....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.