Hello from Oklahoma!

May 9, 2015
Northeast, OK
Hello, I am also very new to TFP. I've been lurking for about a month now and finally decided to join. I am a complete pool novice. I realize we all start somewhere, though. We just bought our home in March and it came with a lovely pool, in fact the pool was a major reason for choosing this house over a new construction in newer neighborhood that did not have a backyard pool. Easy choice! Well, I just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful posts as I have been seeking advice here as well. I thought it would be appropriate to come out of the shadows, lol, and say hi. :wave:

Welcome! The first thing I notice in your signature is you are still using pool store testing. Get yourself a recommended test kit and take control of your pool. It is so much easier than running water to the pool store and a being to listen to them off you products you don't need. I am sure you have read through pool school. If not it is a great read.

Well hello there! I would LOVE to see more of your pool/house. The pic in your aviator looks great!

We can help you save so much money and time here at TFP! All you will need is a good test kit (see my siggy for a link) and bleach/chlorine! It is really that easy!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Kim

Welcome Oklapoolma... :wave:

As azgirl and kimkats stated, get one of the recommended test kits and start reading pool school if you haven't already. It sounds like the pool was in good shape when you bought the house which is great. Many others inherited a swamp, so at least you don't have to deal with the frustration of learning the various TFPC practices and fighting algae at the same time.

Again welcome to the forum.

Thanks, Woodyp...don't know why it's so intimidating at first. I also need to get me one of those Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixers ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Tim ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Azgirl71...I agree. I am throwing loot straight out the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Defgufman ��

- - - Updated - - -

Casey, I would love to share..I will upload some soon. I love pics , too. Thank you so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, kimkats. I lived on YouTube for a moment there trying to get educated...I absolutely intend on it. These pool people aren't doing anything I can't do.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank, bigglesworth...yes, the pool was so pretty and blue...then we moved in �� I did witness it turn into a semi swamp for a sec, there. Then panic settled in and I called a company....my goal is to be maintaining it myself by June...fingers crossed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you BoDarville�� great being here.

- - - Updated - - -

Pooldv, I thank you. I think all of you will have me up and running with my own pool maintenance in no time...what great influences you all are. Really....thanks so much!:cool: