Hole developed overnight

So I've been slamming my pool for over a month now and it's just about done! The water is much clearer. But now I face a problem. This morning I noticed the water level dropped about 3 inches. All my chemistry is gone :(
Anyways, searching the liner, I found the hole. Its on the seam (where the floor and wall are connected) and about the size of a dime. I verified that it is a hole because the brush bristles went into it. This is the only hole that I can find so far.

Here are the questions / problems that I face.

1. Is a patch on the seam doable? Or since its on the seam, will it just get bigger?
2. The water was still in slam mode and not ready for a person to jump in. How can I patch it with the water still out of balance and not 100% clear?

Thanks for the help. Kinda in a hurry with this one.

That is a tough one. How high is the FC? If it is at or just under SLAM level you can get it.

What we did with our first liner was put on a swim mask to help us see under the water. We got a patch kit from Home Depot. Make sure to cut the patch with curved lines as in a circle. One of us had the patch with the glue on it on the outside of the pool while the other got in the water. The patch should be folded so that the glue is inside. You have to work fast.

I was the one in the water. My husband handed me the patch and I dived down. He had to hold my legs to help keep me down with out having me having to work on staying down. It worked.

I am not sure if a patch will work on the seam. I would look into if you still have any kind of warranty on it with it being on the seam.

Good luck and be careful!

Kim

Well looks like our Lowes and Home depot in the area dont actually stock the repair kits. And the nearest Pool Store (LPS) is about 50 mil away. Next best thing is Amazon. I can get the Boss 100 adhesive from there and some vinyl scraps it looks like. Is there anyway temporarily to patch this until this all arrives?

One thought is wrapping a couple of bricks or weights in a towel and use them to weigh down a rubber bath mat directly on the hole. While waiting on the patch supplies you can also contact the liner manufacturer and see if it is under warranty.
There is a Walmart in Columbia that has the Heritage Pool Liner Patch kit in stock according to the website. You may try calling first to confirm they have one in stock.

One thought is wrapping a couple of bricks or weights in a towel and use them to weigh down a rubber bath mat directly on the hole. While waiting on the patch supplies you can also contact the liner manufacturer and see if it is under warranty.
There is a Walmart in Columbia that has the Heritage Pool Liner Patch kit in stock according to the website. You may try calling first to confirm they have one in stock.

They dont have it. They said I can order it and have it in store for pickup on 15 May... :/

A waterbed patch kit might work temporarily, a small sheet of shower pan liner held down with weights may work. You might even try bicycle patches with water proof glue and see if that helps.

Do you have a hardware store near by?

When applying the patch, start with a patch big enough to cover the hole, with rounded edges. After that patch is applied, cut another patch bigger than the first. Do this 3 times and it will hold for a long time.

Having someone hold you underwater helps a lot! Just make sure you trust them. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.