Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool opening

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Pool opening

This Is what my pool looked like when I uncovered it yesterday. a little early to avoid the **** from the trees but I had to strike on my day off, with good weather and a helping hand. That doesn't always come at the same time for me! Thanks TFP!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AG AquaLeader 21x43 Oval 54" deep. Hayward 2speed 2HP pump,Hayward 350,000 BTU NG Heater, Cartridge filter. Since August 2012. TFT 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool opening

Looks great
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

The success stories are becoming too numerous to count. Great work!
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a sparkling pool. You can consider your closing procedure a rousing success!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am in PA also, and I opened my pool to a green mess yesterday for the first time ever. This was due to the fact that I was very ill and had emergency surgery when I closed it in the fall, and the last thing on my mind was the pool. But, I am going to pay for it now! Your pool looks wonderful. I am off to refresh my memory on how to get back to a sparkling pool.
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

6. Back To Top    #6

20150501_154238.jpg

Was very happy when I took my cover off!
    27' x 52" Above ground Opus with sand filter. 17,000 gallons.

7. Back To Top    #7

Did you do the cabo rustico liner? We are loving this liner but have no idea what the water will look like!