Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above Ground Heater issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Above Ground Heater issue

I am looking to install a pool heater for my 12x16 semi above ground pool. My issue is I built a deck around the pool and I keep the filter under the stairs. The plummer told me it wouldn't work to put the heater under the stairs. Can any other type of heater go under a stair case. There is enough room side to side and about 3 1/2 feet from the floor to the level of the deck. My other option was to leave the filter under the stairs and place the heater on the deck about 1/2 foot up then drop the pvc back under the deck. The deck is level with the pool. Any ideas would help.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Above Ground Heater issue

Manufactures say they want nothing above the top of the heater. Not only for just plain circulation of exhaust but if a service person needs to work on it, they need to have room to do that.

How about a picture of the area you are describing?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Stupid question but what's the best way to post a picture

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Upload pic to photobucket and copy the IMG link then paste it here
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Gfi...bile%20Uploads Does that work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I can see it
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process