Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hose length for polaris 280

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

hose length for polaris 280

The instructions and different youtube videos I see online say that the hose (leader and feeder hoses together) should be long enough so that your cleaner can be stretched to just reach the farthest point of your pool.

But that doesn't make sense to me, since that's just reaching to the farthest point of the pool *at the surface* and doesn't take into account depth. That also happens to be the deepest part of my pool. It seems like I would want the feeder hose alone to reach the farthest point of my pool at the surface, since that's supposed to remain at the surface, and then the the leader house gives it enough length to reach the bottom.

Am I missing something here? This seems like basic spatial reasoning.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: hose length for polaris 280

Hi, welcome to TFP! You are correct. Here is a PDF of the Polaris 280 manual. Page 4 shows an illustration that confirms your conclusion. Anyone can post a video on youtube and claim to be an expert, but that doesn't make it so.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!