First Slam tonight. FC consumption!!

Vacuumed, grass clippings and indiscernible things. Started raining again. Thinking I will postpone trying to avoid wasting more chlorine than what I have.

Funny thing... I made 3 trips to store buying 10 - 1 gallon jugs each time. I have 20 now. On my last trip, there was a video camera installed on the bleach shelf with a sign stating your on video. I gave a nice product endorsement pose and didnt give it much thought until now. Wonder what that was about.

27k gallons, 18x36, Chlorine, Vinyl

Re: My tests vs the pool store!

I just compared to nearest pool place. We matched on everything except cya, and their precision. (Ex. CC I had 0, they had 0.03). Not familiar with their test method, but they put drops of water around a clear disk (like a solid petri dish encircled with holes for the drop of water). Then put the puck in a machine. They dont pressure me to buy anything, and we cordially agree to disagree on things.

Vacuumed, grass clippings and indiscernible things. Started raining again. Thinking I will postpone trying to avoid wasting more chlorine than what I have.

Funny thing... I made 3 trips to store buying 10 - 1 gallon jugs each time. I have 20 now. On my last trip, there was a video camera installed on the bleach shelf with a sign stating your on video. I gave a nice product endorsement pose and didnt give it much thought until now. Wonder what that was about.

On video Eh? That's odd. Kind of funny, but Odd

Tweeked the balance... 26k gal.
ph 7.2
ta 130
ch 180
cya 32

fc shock goal 20.
added 968 oz 8.25% (24.5 ppm).
45 minutes FC 15ppm TC 10ppm
added 484 oz.
60 minutes FC 10 ppm TC 10ppm
added 612 oz.
45 minutes FC 15 ppm TC 15ppm
added 128oz.

Think I have wrong test kit, DPD kit. Thinking TC doesnt scale like FC.

Im tired. Weirdest thing, b4 starting my skimmer had 18 frogs in it. Removed 15 more from pool and other skimmer. 5 yrs never seen more than 2. Put them in a bucket, not sure where Il take them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've often wondered what grocery stores think when every now and then a TFPer shows up and cleans out the bleach or Borax aisle. Gotta drive them a little crazy to figure out their stock levels.

I've often wondered what grocery stores think when every now and then a TFPer shows up and cleans out the bleach or Borax aisle. Gotta drive them a little crazy to figure out their stock levels.

I've wondered the same....the checkout person looked at me like I was crazy when I bought 13 boxes of Borax :D

I failed first slam attempt. Used 3,630 oz over 3 days. Then fell bad sick on 12th and 13th. In which time it digressed back to swamp.
Started 2nd attempt yesterday. I checked it and adjusted 15 times in 24 hours. 18th hour I let it fall below shock @ 7 FC. By this time it went dark green swamp death smelling to cloudy sky blue whites fresh out of the wash.
It fell to 5 FC over the next 4 hours while I was restocking. Took forever due to wife's agenda. Lifted it upto 25 FC, suspect it will stay at shock all night (13 - 20ppm).
I logged everything, and it's looking good. Lost 18 ppm in 1st hour, evolved too losing 2 ppm over 4 hours.
Im using DPD test kit, but have R-0870 and R-0871 on order.
Think I will need DE additive for filtering soon. Didnt manage to remove light today, would bet algae patch hiding behind it.
Having poured so much bleach, I grew certain of one draw back using it. Jugs have high variability in "true" concentration. I noticed this in color, smell, and in test data. Im tempted to look up decipher in batch numbers.

dozen jugs of bleach always spurs question, to avoid it I throw in a bottle of ammonia, 2 rolls of duct tape, and a face mask.

You should buy some lime and a shovel next time as well.

I had a store clerk ask me a few days ago why I was buying 18 gallons of clorox all at the same time. I told her I had a real mess in the basement to clean up then gave her the Bert stare all the way out the door..

Funny posts on this SLAM... The deuterium level joke was way over my head though.

Just finished a SLAM myself and I'm sure the bags of jugs at the end of my driveway were getting some double takes on recycling night.

That's a lot of consumption, but sounds like there's a lot to eat up. I'd say keep staying at shock level maniacally, clear out as much junk as you can, and you'll speed it up. I took my lights out at the end, and that finished it off, so I'd highly recommend that to get every last bit, as well as any ladders, etc...

Good luck, keep us updated, Jeff

Thanks. Its looking really good, blue but cloudy. Using synthetic DE additive, running robot trying to clear it up.
FC 2.5 and CC .5. My water, and whole area smells like bleach. Is that normal, Im below sanitation level? Im fixing to bump it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.