Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Most Bang for your $

1. Back To Top    #1

Most Bang for your $

Ok we are getting closer in setting up our 20 x 52 Intex. Concrete pad is being poured next week then we should be good to go. The intex pool we have is the Metal frame 10x20 not the ultra and I have a question regrading the feet. How far do the feet stick out from the the 10x20 dimensions? Am I safe to assume about a foot?

As far as most bang or your buck ideas. The pool comes with a sand filter already.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Most Bang for your $

I'm sure someone will be along to help you.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know the answer, but maybe the pool install/owners manual is available on the Intex website and will have the details. If you already have the pool then it might be worth your time to unpack the upper rail parts and put it together to double check measurements. It is pretty easy to do on an Intex pool. Congrats on the new pool!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an Intex useful link thread somebody started a while back.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/28539-Useful-links-for-fellow-Intex-Pool-Owners
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't see that size pool listed on the intex site. Please clarify. Is it 20' round x 52" deep, or is it 10' by 20' rectangular 52" deep? I find a 9' by 18' pool. If that's the one you have, this thread has your answer.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    I don't see that size pool listed on the intex site. Please clarify. Is it 20' round x 52" deep, or is it 10' by 20' rectangular 52" deep? I find a 9' by 18' pool. If that's the one you have, this thread has your answer.
    This Intex was sold by Costco so it will be an unusual size as most items sold by Costco will be just a little different. Our pool is 10x20 Rectangular in size. Information says 6 feet of extra room on all side but I know it doesn't take that much room thats just a standard.... We are trying to squeeze into a tight place but pretty sure it will work.

Thanks

Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Perfect the link had the info that i Needed even though it's for a 9x18 I just i added my additional dims and I will be good to go. Now to the most bang accessories for the pool. Where does everyone buy pool floaties, etc stuff at?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by octanefam View Post
    Now to the most bang accessories for the pool. Where does everyone buy pool floaties, etc stuff at?
    well, where did you get the pool...... I get my floaties at Costco!

Glad Richard had the link for you!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I get my floaties from Amazon
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by octanefam View Post
    Perfect the link had the info that i Needed even though it's for a 9x18 I just i added my additional dims and I will be good to go. Now to the most bang accessories for the pool. Where does everyone buy pool floaties, etc stuff at?
    Well, when it is set up and full, break out a tape measure and doublecheck things and post the info. That way you will add to the store of knowledge here.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!