Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting pool ready. Read to much now confused?

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting pool ready. Read to much now confused?

Guys this forum is amazing.... After all the carefull reading I purchased the wide mouth skimmer from hayward for my 20 x 52 intex pool.

I think I made a mistake and need some advice. After reading some more I see that many on the forum are against the wide mouth skimmer and say the regular is easier to install. Unfortunately I bought the wide mouth. Would there be an issue installing this large skimmer into this pool or should the pool be bigger than the 20 x 52 and be more like 24 or higher? Should I change it for the regular one? Has anyone had an unsuccessful attempt installing the wide mouth or as they say just go for it.

It's filling now so I wanted to try this custom install on Sunday? Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks again

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Getting pool ready. Read to much now confused?

You can use it. There should be no issues.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Getting pool ready. Read to much now confused?

As Casey said you should be fine. I think it is just easier with the non wide mouth installs from what I have read. I probably would have gone with a wide mouth as well based on your pool size.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process