TFPC Method - Season 2 opening....I'm officially sold.

Styxbb

May 5, 2014
Ohio
Well guys as the title says, I am now sold on this method. I have to admit I was a skeptic last year after going through an entire tf-100 kit and about 80 gallons of bleach trying to complete my first SLAM. I literally took my cover off at 4 pm today, about 3 hours ago and after 1 vac to waste, this is where I am at.
View attachment 36176

As you can see, I have another issue(sand)....but that's another story. Water is about 90% clear and my initial readings are FC 2.0 CC 0 and pH 7.2. In 12 years of opening this pool, I have never been able to see the main drain. Kids asked me when they could swim, I initially said middle of next week. Guessing that may change. Thanks everyone.

That is great! Check your CYA and add some bleach to get to the recommended level of FC. Sand ISO much fun...lol not really I have learned to just deal with it and if I see anything else other than sand I vacuum.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent! :goodjob:

I suggest you teach those kids how to run the vacuum and the brush. And if they happen to fall in....

I also agree with Richard. My daughter loves to help.

Very nice. I put a plus size nylon in my Polaris bag and it grabs all the sand now. If you have one, try it out. It has reduced my vacuuming to zero.

Not sure if anyone is reading this anymore, but quick question. The first day, I overshot my mark in the bleach department. It went up to twelve. That was Friday night. Checked it again on Saturday morning, it was at 11. Left for the weekend. Came back Sunday night and tested, it was at 8. This morning, it was 7. Do these numbers seem reasonable? Just looking for confirmation either way. My CYA is 50 so my target is 6. Water looks great. Is slamming generally an annual thing, or do I skip it? Thanks in advance.

Those numbers look very reasonable. With no bather load, FC loss should be 1-3 FC per day. Your numbers look great.

SLAM is not an annual thing. Generally after opening and getting the dirt, leaves out the pool in the spring it's a good idea to bring your FC up above your target by a bit and do an OCLT test (the last step of a SLAM) but if your FC is holding and you have no CCs, no visible signs of algae then it's not necessary to SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.