Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFPC Method - Season 2 opening....I'm officially sold.

1. Back To Top    #1

TFPC Method - Season 2 opening....I'm officially sold.

Well guys as the title says, I am now sold on this method. I have to admit I was a skeptic last year after going through an entire tf-100 kit and about 80 gallons of bleach trying to complete my first SLAM. I literally took my cover off at 4 pm today, about 3 hours ago and after 1 vac to waste, this is where I am at.
    Attachment 36176

As you can see, I have another issue(sand)....but that's another story. Water is about 90% clear and my initial readings are FC 2.0 CC 0 and pH 7.2. In 12 years of opening this pool, I have never been able to see the main drain. Kids asked me when they could swim, I initially said middle of next week. Guessing that may change. Thanks everyone.
    16' x 32' Hopper IG Vinyl | 19,000 Gal | Pentair Tegalus 60 Sand Filter | Pentair Challenger 3/4 hp Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFPC Method - Season 2 opening....I'm officially sold.

Excellent!

I suggest you teach those kids how to run the vacuum and the brush. And if they happen to fall in....
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

That is great! Check your CYA and add some bleach to get to the recommended level of FC. Sand ISO much fun...lol not really I have learned to just deal with it and if I see anything else other than sand I vacuum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Excellent!

I suggest you teach those kids how to run the vacuum and the brush. And if they happen to fall in....
    I also agree with Richard. My daughter loves to help.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Super!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Beautiful Styx!! Good job there!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Very nice. I put a plus size nylon in my Polaris bag and it grabs all the sand now. If you have one, try it out. It has reduced my vacuuming to zero.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

7. Back To Top    #7

How often do you run the polaris? They had one when I moved in, but everytime I used it, it got stuck in deep end.
    16' x 32' Hopper IG Vinyl | 19,000 Gal | Pentair Tegalus 60 Sand Filter | Pentair Challenger 3/4 hp Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Not sure if anyone is reading this anymore, but quick question. The first day, I overshot my mark in the bleach department. It went up to twelve. That was Friday night. Checked it again on Saturday morning, it was at 11. Left for the weekend. Came back Sunday night and tested, it was at 8. This morning, it was 7. Do these numbers seem reasonable? Just looking for confirmation either way. My CYA is 50 so my target is 6. Water looks great. Is slamming generally an annual thing, or do I skip it? Thanks in advance.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

They seem reasonable to me. You will lose 1-3 ppm a day generally to uv rays from the sun.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

10. Back To Top    #10

Those numbers look very reasonable. With no bather load, FC loss should be 1-3 FC per day. Your numbers look great.

SLAM is not an annual thing. Generally after opening and getting the dirt, leaves out the pool in the spring it's a good idea to bring your FC up above your target by a bit and do an OCLT test (the last step of a SLAM) but if your FC is holding and you have no CCs, no visible signs of algae then it's not necessary to SLAM.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons