So I opened our pool about a month ago. Lately I've been seeing little areas in the corners of the pool on the floor that look like sand/dirt. When you brush them they dissipate and later come back. Appears it's mustard algae.
So yesterday afternoon I bought 12 gallons of 8.25% bleach (121 oz each). Before putting anything in the pool my CYA was 45-50 and FC was 0. Here's a list of my steps:
SWG OFF, filter on
5/7 7:00PM added 6 gallons of bleach; brushed pool
5/7 8:00PM FC=25, CC=1
5/7 9:30PM FC=23.5, CC=0.5
5/8 6:00AM brushed pool and vacuumed up mustard algae
5/8 6:00AM FC=22.5, CC=0.5, then turned SWG on at 100% and went to work
5/8 6:00PM FC=16, CC=0.5, still had some algae in the pool so I brushed and vacuumed again
What I don't get is how overnight I lost very little FC and my CC was under 1. I left the house this morning with FC at 22.5 AND my SWG on 100% all day. How could I come home and FC be less than when I left? I understand the sun dissolves some of it, but it was fairly cloudy today. I find it hard to believe that my FC would drop 6.5ppm while the SWG was also running at 100%. That means I probably really lost 8-9ppm FC during the day today. But what throws me off is that CC is still basically 0.
Should I add more bleach?