Last 24 hr readings:
    5/7 5/8 5/8 5/8

CYA: 35 35 35 35
    FC 10 8.5 10 14
    CC 0.5 0 0 0
    TC 8.5 12 10 14
    pH 7.2 7.2 7.2 7.2
    ALK 80 80 80 80

Pool still cloudy gray (having trouble attaching photo on iPad). I'm using 14 as my shock FC as CYA is an arbitrary middle number given the markings on the TF-100 cylinder.

OCLT < 1.0
    CC < 0.5
    Cartridges cleaned regularly with good PSI

I am going to continue to maintain SLAM for good measure. But this is not typical for me.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Many thanks.
    22,000 vinyl IG 18x36
    Hayward Star Clear II cartridge filter; 100 sq ft
    Pentair 320 chlorinator 3" Tabs
    Pentair 1 HP motor

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Successful SLAM still Cloudy

The first thing that pops out is that you FC reading don't seem to be SLAM shock level

- - - Updated - - -

The first thing that pops out is that you FC reading don't seem to be maintained at SLAM shock level.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...art-slam-shock
    Your PH will give a false reading over 10 FC.

I would continue to SLAM you have not met all 3 slam criteria if your pool is still cloudy.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

If CYA is 35, then you are correct using 14 as the shock level. If it's actually closer to 40, then maybe 16 FC would be a better target.

It's normal for the last 10% to take 90% of the time, like everything else in the world. Bump up the FC after sundown and brush things so whatever particles are in the water get suspended so the filter can grab 'em. And open a can of POP. Pool Owner Patience. It took more than 4 days to get green and chunky, it'll take more than 4 days to clear it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for fast response. I'll wait it out and push FC to 16.
    22,000 vinyl IG 18x36
    Hayward Star Clear II cartridge filter; 100 sq ft
    Pentair 320 chlorinator 3" Tabs
    Pentair 1 HP motor

5. Back To Top    #5

You are not done slamming until the third and final objective is achieved, clear water. Keep at it.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"