Opinion on this IG pool quote in San Francisco Bay Area

May 5, 2015
CA
Inground gunite pool quote that we received.

Rectangular pool 18'x37' that is 3'6"-6' deep
5'x7' in-pool spa
Sun shelf
2 Pool lights, 1 spa light
Precast coping
4' salt finish deck around entire pool
Automation
Pentair equipment - 3hp VS pump
Polaris cleaner
Wet Edge plaster
Auto cover with "walk on" lid

All this for about $95k in the Bay Area. My yard is flat and easily accessible.

Is this price outrageous? Compared to others parts of the country I feel it is. I've had very similar quotes so I guess this is typical in the area? A few PBs have told me that they are actually busier because of the drought. Maybe that affects the price a bit.

That's a $60K+ pool in MD. So $95K for SF doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Just call it BART (Bay Area Ripoff Tax). Oh, the humor. Though not for your pocket book.

Do you have it itemized? What was the auto cover, about 15k?

Seems kind of expensive, I'd get a few more bids, and I definitely don't think PB's are any busier right now, they want it to seem like they're booming, it's part of the negotiation process I think. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was talking to my plumber the other day(I did mine as an owner build and dealt directly with him and he's a great guy) who does a ton of work for many of the southern cal big PB's, and he's concerned about his future in the industry with the water situation.

Inground gunite pool quote that we received.

Rectangular pool 18'x37' that is 3'6"-6' deep
5'x7' in-pool spa
Sun shelf
2 Pool lights, 1 spa light
Precast coping
4' salt finish deck around entire pool
Automation
Pentair equipment - 3hp VS pump
Polaris cleaner
Wet Edge plaster
Auto cover with "walk on" lid

All this for about $95k in the Bay Area. My yard is flat and easily accessible.

Is this price outrageous? Compared to others parts of the country I feel it is. I've had very similar quotes so I guess this is typical in the area? A few PBs have told me that they are actually busier because of the drought. Maybe that affects the price a bit.

Do you have it itemized? What was the auto cover, about 15k?

Seems kind of expensive, I'd get a few more bids, and I definitely don't think PB's are any busier right now, they want it to seem like they're booming, it's part of the negotiation process I think. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was talking to my plumber the other day(I did mine as an owner build and dealt directly with him and he's a great guy) who does a ton of work for many of the southern cal big PB's, and he's concerned about his future in the industry with the water situation.

Auto Cover is 13k.

The Boston MA area must be the most expensive place on the planet to build a pool. I have 4 PB quotes for similar design except pool is 19x47 with in-pool spa that's 7x7. I'm getting $95K+ quotes with no coping or decking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.