I guess this is a start up question

Aug 8, 2011
Central MA
Mine is pretty balanced but still green. I've shocked the heck out of it and it's still light green. I'm keeping it running and keeping the filter backwashed every four hours or so. Time will tell I guess. How long does it typically take to clear up?

Mine is pretty balanced but still green. I've shocked the heck out of it and it's still light green. I'm keeping it running and keeping the filter backwashed every four hours or so. Time will tell I guess. How long does it typically take to clear up?
I think the record here is three days - but that guy was obsessed. He set his alarm clock and got up every two hours through the night and spent a full three day weekend brushing and bleaching. Usually a week to ten days with chlorine additions 4 or 5 times a day. It depends also on how much organic debris is in the pool.

That being said, if the filter keeps clogging and the water hasn't turned grey after a couple days, that indicates the chlorine level isn't staying high enough long enough to get ahead of the algae growth. Have you read the instructions for the Shock Level And Maintain process? Pay attention to the prerequisites.

If you relate better to pictures, check out some of these threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.