Here are my numbers:

FC - 5

CC - 0

CH - 75

TA - 50

PH - 7.5

CYA - 60

Salt - 3000

Should I be doing anything? My TA is a little low, so I guess I can bump that up a bit, but should I be adding any bleach or anything? I thought the numbers looked pretty good overall.

Thanks,
    Brian
    26,700 Gal., 18x36 IG pool with Vinyl. 1HP Hayward Super Pump; Hayward DE3620 Filter; Hayward SAS; TFT-100 test kit; Dolphin Atlantis Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just Opened for the New England Season

The numbers do look good. How is the water?

Just make sure the FC doesn't go below 4 and work on the TA
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

^ ^ ^

Water is crystal clear. I vacuumed and skimmed and it's nice and sparkly. Freezing though.

There was some green algae on the stairs and in the deep end swimout though. Not sure what to make of that. I scrubbed it off.
    26,700 Gal., 18x36 IG pool with Vinyl. 1HP Hayward Super Pump; Hayward DE3620 Filter; Hayward SAS; TFT-100 test kit; Dolphin Atlantis Cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

CLW I opened in NE today to. Had a little algae on the stairs as well but that's about it
    16 x 42 x 24 IG Vinyl True-L, 27,000 gallons, full width steel steps, 8' Cuddle cove swimout, 2 X Colorlogic 4.0 LEDs, Hayward Tristar 1 hp 2-speed pump, Hayward SwimClear C3025 Cartridge filter, Hayward Aqua-Plus PL-PLUS Controls + Chlorination, Hayward low-Nox 400K BTU heater, Tigershark QC, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, with visible algae, it is usually a good idea to go ahead and follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process. If there was not very much, it should go quick. But, you want to make sure it is all eradicated.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, with visible algae, it is usually a good idea to go ahead and follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process. If there was not very much, it should go quick. But, you want to make sure it is all eradicated.
    Thanks JB. Will do. I'll start tomorrow. I have to go get some more bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

CLW I opened in NE today to
    Nice, where abouts? I'm in MA, on the northshore.

7. Back To Top    #7

MA south or worcester
    16 x 42 x 24 IG Vinyl True-L, 27,000 gallons, full width steel steps, 8' Cuddle cove swimout, 2 X Colorlogic 4.0 LEDs, Hayward Tristar 1 hp 2-speed pump, Hayward SwimClear C3025 Cartridge filter, Hayward Aqua-Plus PL-PLUS Controls + Chlorination, Hayward low-Nox 400K BTU heater, Tigershark QC, TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by BigJD View Post
    MA south or worcester

I don't know about you, but I'm hoping the summer is as hot and dry as the winter was cold and snowy!

9. Back To Top    #9

I hear that!

10. Back To Top    #10

I just read on another thread that the water should be 'room temperature' when checking CYA, is that true? I'm not sure what the water temp is in the pool at the moment (thermometer broke last year), but I'd be surprised if it's higher than 62 degrees. Is that warm enough for an accurate CYA test? I'd hate to add some only to find out I overshot because of the water temp.

11. Back To Top    #11

Just let the sample warm up a bit before testing CYA.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Just let the sample warm up a bit before testing CYA.
    Okay, thanks jb!

13. Back To Top    #13

Just opened today near Albany ny. Water is clear. We had solar water heat installed yesterday. Can't wait to warm it up. It says water is 50, a bit too cold for me.

Thanks,
    Jon

======================

21,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter, IG, 16x32 kidney, Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1hp, Flow rate: ?

14. Back To Top    #14

How do you like your Dolphin Atlantis? Since that is a dealer model, I can't tell whether it cleans the waterline and how important that is. Am in the process of signing the P&S and wondering if I should consider a different model or go with the PB Atlantis.
    21 Foot AGP, 56" Height, Namco, Hayward 200k BTU, Gas Heater, Dolphin Robot, Clearway Cartridge and Hi Flo II Pump.