Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Supreme M4...what brush do I have??

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Supreme M4...what brush do I have??

I got my dolphin from the builder when they put in the pool. Unfortunately, he was a bit of a shyster and I got his "test" model, so didn't get a lot of stuff (think "what's in the box" and answer is almost nothing).

So...that being said...how do I know what brush is actually installed on it? The one on there now has these foam rings on the outside edges. Is that the combined brush? Or does the pvc brush have those too? And should I get a PVC brush for my vinyl liner pool?

And would I just pull the gray part to change it if I did buy a pvc brush? (or are there instructions somewhere about that?)
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Supreme M4...what brush do I have??

They do have different roller/brush options. My M5 came just like you see it and the M4 pictured in all the Ads. Did you get the remote and caddy for it? If he charged you full price, this sounds wrong to get the test model.

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, mine looks like the stock picture too. I bought the remote extra but he gave me a partially broken caddy. I ended up getting the part that was broken from Maytronics.

Is it hard to change the brush? I have yet to see any instructions...
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

4. Back To Top    #4

I found these guys in Denver who are Maytronics dealers with good pricing and quick shipping.

http://www.marinapoolspaandpatio.com
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

They are suppose to be user serviceable. I just don't know, but a handy person could likely get through it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

6. Back To Top    #6

Anyone have any ideas how to actually change the brush on one of these? The little rubber stubs are impossible to get through the holes!

7. Back To Top    #7

Sorry, I do not, but I am sure to learn one of these days doing mine.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

8. Back To Top    #8

Okay..mission accomplished. By the end of the second brush, I had become fairly good at this. The key is a set of needlenose pliers with a fairly small point.

I stuck the closed pliers inside the hole, expanded them, then either pushed the expanded hole over the stub or grabbed the stub with the pliers and pulled it through. Had to work with my hand then to either pull the stub while holding the tab with the hole in it with the pliers or vice versa.

Also found these instructions on taking the thing apart which were quite useful and, while not exactly the same, are pretty darned close: http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/h...d_brushes.aspx