Intex with Raypak Versa 205wg Heater

Mar 22, 2015
Alberta
We recently purchased a 16' round Intex Ultra Frame 5,000 gallon pool. Just got it all setup last weekend with the included intex sand filter and we got an intex swg also. I have hard piped the system with 1.5" PVC and am currently in the process of adding the heater, its a used Raypak Versa 205wg. Last night I had the gas hooked up to it so next step is to plumb it in after the sand filter and before the swg. I've learned a ton from reading up in this forum but one thing I can't seem to find is in regards to triggering the heater on and off without having to manually flick the switch. The heater is the millivolt version and it does have a pressure switch, so am I correct to think that this switch will "sense" when the pump is running so am I safe to leave it on all the time once I get the temp set? This is of course also after I set the pressure switch according to the manual to make sure it goes off when the pump goes of...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.