Use sand instead of concrete for in-pool table base?

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I just bought this table for the shallow end of my pool:
http://www.aughog.com/product-category/relaxation-station-pool-lounge/
image.jpg
I'm not using an umbrella with it (its just for drinks...water dodgeball continues to harm many fine craft beer poolside ;))

You're supposed to fill the base with concrete, then water...but I'm thinking about picking up a 50 lb bag of sand instead after work tonight.

Do you think that would work well enough for it to stay put since im not adding an umbrella?

I looked up density and sand vs cured concrete seems to have about a 50% differential....

I realize I may just have to try it to find out but though I'd ask in case someone has used this ;)

Thanks in advance if you have tips!

Mine would be a guess, but I agree without the umbrella being pushed around by the wind sand would proably do it.

I like the idea, gotta look,around for one. Just, no glass in the pool:D

Thanks, Tim. You're correct...leveling sand worked fine and was nice and heavy. No glass in my pool either...I have plastic beer glasses folks have to use...which get knocked over all the time on the deck edge ;) the holes in ths one are big enough to take a big plastic beer glass!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.