Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Use sand instead of concrete for in-pool table base?

1. Back To Top    #1

Use sand instead of concrete for in-pool table base?

I just bought this table for the shallow end of my pool:
    http://www.aughog.com/product-catego...n-pool-lounge/
    image.jpg
    I'm not using an umbrella with it (its just for drinks...water dodgeball continues to harm many fine craft beer poolside )

You're supposed to fill the base with concrete, then water...but I'm thinking about picking up a 50 lb bag of sand instead after work tonight.

Do you think that would work well enough for it to stay put since im not adding an umbrella?

I looked up density and sand vs cured concrete seems to have about a 50% differential....

I realize I may just have to try it to find out but though I'd ask in case someone has used this

Thanks in advance if you have tips!
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Use sand instead of concrete for in-pool table base?

Mine would be a guess, but I agree without the umbrella being pushed around by the wind sand would proably do it.

I like the idea, gotta look,around for one. Just, no glass in the pool
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Use sand instead of concrete for in-pool table base?

Thanks, Tim. You're correct...leveling sand worked fine and was nice and heavy. No glass in my pool either...I have plastic beer glasses folks have to use...which get knocked over all the time on the deck edge the holes in ths one are big enough to take a big plastic beer glass!
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains