Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this chemical the same as the regent used in the Taylor CYA test?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this chemical the same as the regent used in the Taylor CYA test?

2015-05-07 10.20.56.jpg

I know its probably not, but it caught my eye with the quantity - since i was in there to just buy a taylor 2.0oz refill of 0013 - this seemed kinda awesome - but the taylor one doesnt say what chemical it is. The blue devil stuff says its Sodium Acetate and Melamine.
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this chemical the same as the regent used in the Taylor CYA test?

I would not be surprised if it were, I can't exactly make out the price, but the 8 oz bottle from TF Test Kits is $8, So not all that pricey.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Price is $12.99 for 32oz. I got 2oz. for $4.99. they didnt have the 8oz bottles, but i didnt know they made that size so i really didnt look.

Looks like the exact same test, although a post from JasonLion a long time ago said that it uses a different scale, so i guess its a different concentration. dang, if it works the same and you can get a giant bottle for that price, might be worth looking at the other kit.
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

4. Back To Top    #4

No, that one will not cross reference and be ok to use.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem