Hello all! New to the forum. I found this forum as a result of replacing my liner this spring as well (should go in this week). My past experience has been with chlorine. This is my first experience with salt water pools; we bought the house last summer and just kept the salt levels as per the control panel.
But the prospects of replacing the liner left me without a clue until I found this thread. Maybe there should be a "Start Up" forum topic???
Anyway, as I read these posts, and use the Pool Math calculations, I think this is my start-up chemical mix and process given my pool volume:
1. Adjust pH
2. Add about 160oz. of 8% bleach to get FC to ~4
3. Add about 20oz of CYA to get CYA of ~70
4. Adjust TA
5. Add about 500lbs of salt to get salt to ~2800 - 3000ppm
6. Turn on pump and allow to circulate for ~24 hours
7. Plug in the SWG
8. Fill floating ice chest with ~6 ice cold BL's
9. Open BL, chill
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 as necessary
I'm surprised by the relatively small amount of bleach necessary. Is this approximately correct?