New vinyl liner

ernie01jt

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Smithton IL
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
The pool folks were out today.
We're replacing our old liner and Latham puts a serial number sticker on the back.
Its at the deep end but not any place in particular.
No going back now.
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Finally!
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Just so you know what it looks like, well yeah its a lousy pic.

Just letting people know what I'm doing to my pool and that there is a serial number there so that Latham can make a new liner to the dimensions they have on file when they pull up that number.
IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Awesome, Ernie!!! This is exciting! You get the feel of a new pool without a lot of the headaches of going through the build process all over again. And..... your deck and landscaping are all great!

BTW, I could have sworn I saw your pool and decking on Pinterest today. So beautiful!

And.... I got what you were saying, Ernie. No caps needed for me! Take care. Suz.

Actually, that's very interesting...and very good that they do that. I wonder if other makers do the same? Good info for the future Ernie. Every day I learn something new about pools...and otherwise here. I'm following this now, and can't wait to see it full.

Good morning! A few questions since I know little about the vinyl side.... How long will it take for Latham to make your new liner? Are there things you need to do or can do to the pool while waiting for the liner to be installed? And did you tell us which liner (and photo) ya'll have ordered? Have a good one! Suz.

Nothing I can do to the pool except weed again, re spread the trap rock on the back slope as the dogs running around re-distributes it to the base of the fence. The liner is Sydney/ Gold Pebble, I know I posted it somewhere. I think theres a two week lag time from order to manufacture on it. But that means mid June as we will be out of town and I want to be here when it goes in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well firetruck, the pool guy has to come measure Monday, the liner is too old for Latham to have dimensions from the serial number. Luckily I had the original drawings on it so it will hopefully be a quick double-check.

- - - Updated - - -

Light trim ring and bottom drain covers came in, that finishes off the list of hard goods, I might have to seal the pavers just because everything else will be new.

Hey, Ernie! Love "Firetruck"! I haven't heard that before. It took me a few readings - first thought you meant it was the name of the pool guy! (ding dong..... nobody's in over here!)

Has Measure Man come out yet to double check the dimensions for your new liner? Get busy sealing those pavers!!! You don't want them to look shabby next to all the new stuff. Ya'll's place is so gorgeous, so I don't think there is a chance of that happening! Keep us posted! Take care. Suz.

Pool guy came out and double checked the step dimensions and placement along with the bench. Luckily the drawing shows all wall panels and the relationship of everything to them. Mid June here we come. I looked at lightning with the possibility of color changing leds. The 500 watt white one really lights up the pool and the house at night, plus it draws bugs.

Got back from Florida Monday, new liner installed Tuesday, water behind the liner overnite with lots of wrinkles, pool guys back on Wednesday, used a pool pump to suck the water out that was between the liner and pool floor and walls. All is good now, water is up to the middle of the deep-end light.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.