Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New vinyl liner

1. Back To Top    #1

New vinyl liner

FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    The pool folks were out today.
    We're replacing our old liner and Latham puts a serial number sticker on the back.
    Its at the deep end but not any place in particular.
    No going back now.
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    Finally!
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    Just so you know what it looks like, well yeah its a lousy pic.
    18' x 38' 20,500 gallon vinyl IGP, 3.5 - 7' depth, Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    2hp Whisperflo high performance pump, 1.1hp boost-rite pump for the cleaner,
    250k BTU MasterTemp heater, LetroLegend pool cleaner, Hayward TurboCell GLX-CELL-15 chlorine generator
    Speedstir, K-1776, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New vinyl liner

Ok ... is there a question here? Or did someone ask about a serial number
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just letting people know what I'm doing to my pool and that there is a serial number there so that Latham can make a new liner to the dimensions they have on file when they pull up that number.
    IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?
    250k BTU MasterTemp heater, LetroLegend pool cleaner, Hayward TurboCell GLX-CELL-15 chlorine generator

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Awesome, Ernie!!! This is exciting! You get the feel of a new pool without a lot of the headaches of going through the build process all over again. And..... your deck and landscaping are all great!

BTW, I could have sworn I saw your pool and decking on Pinterest today. So beautiful!

And.... I got what you were saying, Ernie. No caps needed for me! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ernie01jt View Post
    Just letting people know what I'm doing to my pool and that there is a serial number there so that Latham can make a new liner to the dimensions they have on file when they pull up that number.
    IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?
    LOL what?

Hey, that is pretty handy.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Very small sticker, 1" x 2 1/2" or thereabouts.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew the old liner was faded but had not realized that it was that much, steps and bench were totally white.

7. Back To Top    #7

Actually, that's very interesting...and very good that they do that. I wonder if other makers do the same? Good info for the future Ernie. Every day I learn something new about pools...and otherwise here. I'm following this now, and can't wait to see it full.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Good morning! A few questions since I know little about the vinyl side.... How long will it take for Latham to make your new liner? Are there things you need to do or can do to the pool while waiting for the liner to be installed? And did you tell us which liner (and photo) ya'll have ordered? Have a good one! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Nothing I can do to the pool except weed again, re spread the trap rock on the back slope as the dogs running around re-distributes it to the base of the fence. The liner is Sydney/ Gold Pebble, I know I posted it somewhere. I think theres a two week lag time from order to manufacture on it. But that means mid June as we will be out of town and I want to be here when it goes in.

10. Back To Top    #10

Hang in there, we'll be anxious to see it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

Well firetruck, the pool guy has to come measure Monday, the liner is too old for Latham to have dimensions from the serial number. Luckily I had the original drawings on it so it will hopefully be a quick double-check.

- - - Updated - - -

Light trim ring and bottom drain covers came in, that finishes off the list of hard goods, I might have to seal the pavers just because everything else will be new.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Oh man..... I'm sorry. That is frustrating.

Well, maybe it's better this way. You know, things can shrink in water. Maybe your pool has shrunk since it was last measured!!!! Take care.... Suz.

13. Back To Top    #13

shrinkage? it's not cold here......

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Hey, Ernie! Love "Firetruck"! I haven't heard that before. It took me a few readings - first thought you meant it was the name of the pool guy! (ding dong..... nobody's in over here!)

Has Measure Man come out yet to double check the dimensions for your new liner? Get busy sealing those pavers!!! You don't want them to look shabby next to all the new stuff. Ya'll's place is so gorgeous, so I don't think there is a chance of that happening! Keep us posted! Take care. Suz.

15. Back To Top    #15

Pool guy came out and double checked the step dimensions and placement along with the bench. Luckily the drawing shows all wall panels and the relationship of everything to them. Mid June here we come. I looked at lightning with the possibility of color changing leds. The 500 watt white one really lights up the pool and the house at night, plus it draws bugs.

16. Back To Top    #16

I put a color LED bulb into my existing light fixture ... easy install and you control the color, show with the light switch.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

17. Back To Top    #17

Jason, all you had to do was simply unscrew the bulb? What brand/wattage/ model number was/is it? Thanks
    Ernie

18. Back To Top    #18

Yup and replaced the seal.
    No idea, it was 5 years ago.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

19. Back To Top    #19

Oh, I installed a Color Splash, not sure what the old bulb was.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

20. Back To Top    #20

Got back from Florida Monday, new liner installed Tuesday, water behind the liner overnite with lots of wrinkles, pool guys back on Wednesday, used a pool pump to suck the water out that was between the liner and pool floor and walls. All is good now, water is up to the middle of the deep-end light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast