Concrete is Stained, need help

After our pool cover was removed to open our pool, there is a huge light orange stain all the way around the entire pool underneath where the cover was placed. Power washing with water did not remove it and it looks like a chemical stain of some sort. Need help to identify what the heck this stuff is and how to remove it. Appreciate any help!

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 244
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

So that just appeared suddenly over the winter?
I have no idea what it is, but I agree it looks chemical and to me does not appear like it is going to be possible to remove it.

We tried a diluted bleach water solution on a small inconspicuous spot with no results whatsoever. The pool company stated we don't have a warranty for the deck so we're trying to figure out on our own what the stain is and how to remove it. It's even on our stonework, turned it orange.

- - - Updated - - -

No episodes of acid rain this winter either

wonder if it was muratic acid condensate for not mixing well before closing? Sorry just guessing. I would also check on the concrete network- one of the members their may have an idea as well.

Hello. Just wondering if you ever determined what the stain was. I have similar orange stains at edge of concrete deck closest to the pool, although not quite as bad as yours. Don't know what they're from or how to remove. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only thing I can offer is that when I had my pool liner replaced, their pump left rust stains on my pool deck. When I asked them to clean it, they used straight bleach, staining the deck (because the concrete had a tan stain to it originally). I complained again, and they came back with loose sand and a huge orbital buffer and actually sanded the deck in spots. To my surprise, it looked really good .

So it may be possible to have a contractor come out and sand the concrete deck to remove the stains.

Mine does that at the end where the autocover lies. I believe it is a result from the chlorine off gassing under the cover, but am not positive. Mine seems to lighten up when allowed to get sun on it.

Maddie :flower:

Do any of you affected use fertilizer or a lawn spray service in the fall or early spring?

I would make up a spray bottle of 50% clorox and 50% water and spray the whole area. I don't have REALLY high hope of success but it's an easy, inexpensive attempt at a fix.

If you do this, "blend" the edge of the sprayed area or even better spray the whole deck if it's not too big.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.