SLAMing and waterbugs

Never a bad plan, ever. I would get some stabilizer and add it. Getting to 40-50 will be a little slow with pucks, but its absolutely do-able. If you have a bunch of pucks on hand and you want to use them later, take the Cya no higher than 40 for headroom on Cya buildup from them. Capiche?

If you want to save them, or you have Cya left over, as long as that stuff stays sealed and dry, it keeps a LONG time, so no worries there...

Cool. I have stabilizer left and a whole bucket of pucks. Guess I have a decision to make... I'll use the stabilizer. I just installed the pentair feeder while the liner was being installed so I have no experience with it. The girly socks in front of the return seems to mix fairly fast so that's my plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been as clean and beautiful. Thank you all!!!
59b85315e351aa1a10e7d52d3d7b3811.jpg

25bed5d990203d9c268e13e2430286ff.jpg

Water bugs...? Done!!
My families gushing over it and can't wait to get in. Little bad news however, looks(can see it clearly) like there may be some debris under the liner, looks like a screw, hoping for a smooth pebble. Waiting for the installer to come check it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Already did. Spoke with the doughboy dealer first and he went off about "elasticity...bleaching the vinyl...etc." everything I've read they would say. Everything that's been explained away by many users of TFP in the forum. I did my research before I started so the apprehension that woulda been associated with that conversation wasn't there.

I'm pretty sure you can leave the TA alone. If/when your pH works its way back up, you'll just lower the pH which will take the TA down with it. Unless you have a real battle with keeping your pH down you can just take your time and eventually the TA will settle down to where it's happy.

Aaannnddd..... someone smarter than me will correct me if I'm wrong! :-D

Ok, last update...Good to go. Debris was just a little "oddly shaped" dirt that smoothed out. Oops.
6:00pm
FC:8.5 and dropping to 6
PH:7.5
TA:170 Too high? Suggested is 70-90+. the + is throwing me.
CH:175

Thanks again guys.

You're Welcome,

In most pools, most of the time, you don't have to worry much about TA unless it's on the high or low side to the extreme. In a Vinyl pool like yours, no worries about it. Just focus on pH instead, and eventually, the TA may work it's way down enough. Higher TA drives faster pH rise, and yours is high enough that you may see a little of that. Again, in a vinyl pool is it less concerning because you aren't worried about scaling or damaging a plaster pool surface. If you want to work on your TA later, we can guide you through that if you want the help, but I really encourage you not to worry about anything but FC, CC and pH for now. Cya of course, but that is something you won't need to check very often once you get it into the range you want.

I am very happy this worked out well so quickly, and more so to see you have a new perspective on how to run your pool. Once the light comes on, it's really very simple to manage pool chemistry this way. It will become very routine to be honest. I'll call this one done. Good work man....Congratulations!

Awesome results, your pool looks great. As to TA, with your pool no worries as mentioned above, but it can be all issue with some vinyl pools. It won't hurt the actual vinyl, but if they have stone coping, it could cause issues on those surfaces.

Got it. I'm probably going to bring it down just because I've never done it and want the experience. "Lower Ph with acid 7.0-7.2" then plug up the sprinkler and or turn the kids loose in the pool (aerate) to bring ph back. Sounds simple enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.