Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Uneven deck jets

1. Back To Top    #1

Uneven deck jets

My deck jets (I have 2) seem to have grown increasingly poor in the 3 years since the pool was built. Besides the fact that the same pump flo no longer pushes water through them like it did initially, one of them has much larger flow than the other. There is a diverter valve for the regular returns and for the deck jets. Over time, I've had to divert more water to the deck jets.

Is this likely because of some blockage somewhere? And how in the world would I find or even "fix" this? Not sure they've ever been even, but they're way out of whack now.

The other thing I noticed recently is it seems warm water never flows through them when the heater is on (it used to) even though it's coming our warm from the regular jets under the water.

Any thoughts are sure welcome...
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Uneven deck jets

It could be that the pump impeller has some trash in it causing lower flow for the same speed compared to when it was new.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Uneven deck jets

No real indication that the pump isn't pushing as much. I mean it's hard to measure other than possibly seeing how high it can make the deck jets go, but that's using the problem in the solution.
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4