Can you add a light to a liner pool?

May 7, 2015
Suffolk, VA
Hi all this is my first post! I just found this sight and now know how to SLAM my pool this spring. Anyway one thing we don't like about our pool is that is does not have a light. Is there any way to add an effective light to the deep end? There is not a niche. It is a 20x40 liner pool probably built in the 70's. Good shape but no light. Not real excited about a floating light either. How would I do this? Thanks!

Rick

While you can add one it's a lot of expense to retrofit a niche for a light.

If you have a concrete deck you'll have to tear a piece of the deck up and dig down to the level you need to install the light and you'll also have to drain the pool and most likely have to replace the liner if it has any age on it. Then depending on whether the walls are wood or concrete, you'll have a little to a lot of work to do getting through the wall.

If you could find a true niche-less light it would be easier, but then you'd have the cord running up the wall and across the deck, so it wouldn't look very good. You'd also have holes through the liner that you'd have to make sure were sealed well.

Here's a wall mounted light, but as I said the cord is a problem.

While you can add one it's a lot of expense to retrofit a niche for a light.

If you have a concrete deck you'll have to tear a piece of the deck up and dig down to the level you need to install the light and you'll also have to drain the pool and most likely have to replace the liner if it has any age on it. Then depending on whether the walls are wood or concrete, you'll have a little to a lot of work to do getting through the wall.

If you could find a true niche-less light it would be easier, but then you'd have the cord running up the wall and across the deck, so it wouldn't look very good. You'd also have holes through the liner that you'd have to make sure were sealed well.

Here's a wall mounted light, but as I said the cord is a problem.

Yea thanks that is what I was afraid of. I have some lights I put on my boat I wonder if they would work? Still have the same problem with the cord but might be easier to hide the cord.

I bought a couple of these last year. They are not the brightest, but they help some. They just screw into the returns, and the water returning to the pool turns propellers that generate enough electricity to power the leds. I have to run the pump on high for the lights to be worthwhile.

I bought a couple of these last year. They are not the brightest, but they help some. They just screw into the returns, and the water returning to the pool turns propellers that generate enough electricity to power the leds. I have to run the pump on high for the lights to be worthwhile.

You know I saw those and read the reviews on Amazon. Some people liked them and some not so much. Have you had any problem with them? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.