Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing light fixtures

1. Back To Top    #1

League City, TX

Replacing light fixtures

My old light fixtures have finally stopped working and have water inside them after 10 years of service. The time has come to replace 2 pool lights and 1 spa light. I am looking at the Pentaire LED fixtures, but they are running about $600 each. Any other suggestions? Should I have any concerns about the replacement fixtures fitting the existing niche's?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing light fixtures

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry no one has answered you, but I'm not sure if newer ones will retro fit. Hopefully someone who knows will answer you better. Is this a job you plan on tackling yourself?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Riverside California

Re: Replacing light fixtures

I just did replace my 22 year old Pac Fab (Sta rite now Pentair) fixtures with Pentair Intellibrite lights (2 in the pool and 1 spa) without an issue. You really should pull one fixture out and get the Manufactor and model number off of it. You could then call Pentair and see if their fixtures are compatible with the niche your existing light is in.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.