Results after SLAM

Today readings:

5/13
1:20pm
FC: 9.5 (turned the SWG off and have eyeball pointing up to try to aerate that way)
CC: 0
TA: 230 ( had to add water the other day, so I am guessing that is why it went back up)
PH: 8.2
Added 64 ozs 14.5% Pool MA

CYA: 75 water temp 84 bright sun to my back, tube waist level

Editing to clarify: I know aeration will not lower FC. I was aerating to raise my PH after adding MA to bring my TA down. The statement after FC was meant to let you know my FC was high because I had been using SWG for aeration. ;)

Do not try to aerate to lower the FC ... that is not going to be affective. It is just going to raise your pH (which is much too high, but looks like you corrected it).

The FC will drop on its own.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
5/16
1:45 pm
FC 6.5
CC .5 debris in pool, now vacuumed out. Lost of wind here.
PH 7.2 maybe it dropped more than just 7.0 when I added MA yesterday and that could explain the CC of . 5 too

Adding nothing but turned SWG on to aerate and keep FC above 5/6ppm
I backwashed and vacuumed real good

I figured out why my PH dropped so much last MA add. I forgot to change the water level to recalculate gallons since it was not as full as it normally is.

Here are this mornings numbers.

5/17
9am
FC 7.5
CC 0
PH 7.5

Did not do anything and will test again this evening.

Yay! Down to double digits for TA. I will be taking it to around 50.
The reason is will need to add water and my choices on fill water are well water TA 230 or municipal water TA 280.

I figure maybe it won't shoot up as high by taking it lower. I have not added water since I want to get my skimmer installed soon and would have to lower water anyway.

5/28
6:30 pm
FC 8
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 90
Adding 29ozs 14.5% MA

6/1
12pm
FC 6.5
CC 0
PH 7.2 (no aeration for almost 24 hours)
TA 90
CYA 75 range
Salt 3800-4000 will test this again tomorrow.

Turned SWG on for 4 hours
Not adding anything since PH is to low to add any MA

Pump was off while I was adding Hayward skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.