Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DR,LF,HH and HL codes very frustrating

1. Back To Top    #1

DR,LF,HH and HL codes very frustrating

Hello,

I have a Spa with a VS 501Z Balboa spa pak. I fill up the water and then turn on the spa from breaker. It goes thru the primer mode then kicks on the low speed motor pump. It runs for about 15 minutes and then comes up with the Low Flow or Dry etc. This Spa pak is 8 months old and all worked prior to shutting down for the season. I thought it might be air lock but when I turn blower motor on and the 2nd speed of the jet motor jets blow lke crazy. Disconnected all connections and checked for some obstruction but cant find any. I als checked the 2 pumps to see if there is anything stuck in there. The impellers spin freely. Any ides would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Glenn
    I have a Spa with a VS501Z Balboa spa pak. Also this spa pak is 8 months old.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: DR,LF,HH and HL codes very frustrating

Sounds like the programming is configured for a circulation pump. Verify the dip switches are in the correct positions for the equipment you have.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by CPSScott View Post
    Sounds like the programming is configured for a circulation pump. Verify the dip switches are in the correct positions for the equipment you have.
    Scott the tub worked fine before I closed it up for the winter. Now it is having these issues.

4. Back To Top    #4

Try your pressure switch. Its a cheap part and usually remedies "low flo" messages if nothing else seems amiss
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks For your help. It wound up being the 2 speed pump. Had a guy come over and look at it from Auqa pro spas. He basically did everything I did and was frustrated also. He changed out the temp sensors in heater to make sure that was not it. I told him i thought it might be that pump. He went to his van and got one and installed it and that was the problem. Pump was heating up and then shutting off after a while. Expensive though $550 seems kind of high. Charged $445 for the motor. The motor was 3" Waterway PF-30-2N22M. I looked the motor up online and it looks to be around $285. I called him and said that and he said the motor is around $415. Does anybody know what the price of that motor is?

Thanks
    Again
    Glenn