And this is where I start to panic...

Sophia

May 5, 2015
California
We're putting a small rectangular in-ground pool in a small back yard. The pool is 12 x 24 feet and will be salt water.
It will get lots of afternoon shade. Our coping is poured in place concrete and a concrete deck.
Tile went in yesterday and I'm starting to panic. It was darker and more blue than I expected. We are looking at a pebble sheen finish - maybe french grey but now I'm worried it wont look good with the tile. I don't want a dark pool and I want a grey finish with absolutely no green! Any advice would be helpful.

PoolTileB.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

For what it's worth and for future thread searchers, when we resurfaced our pool a year ago, we went with a very light blue plaster. In retrospect I wish we had done white or nearly white. The deep end is 12 feet and sometimes it looks a little too dark for my taste down there. Not dangerous, just that the deep end is on the west side so as the sun sets it gets dim on that side. Next time it'll be lighter.

Sophia, I wanted to start by welcoming you to the site, being nervous about such things is normal, try to relax and it will all sort itself out one way or another.

Ike

p.s. please be a little more specific on your location (region, or nearby city is fine), California is a big place, and advice we might give for the southern part may be out of place up near the Oregon state line.

Love that tile. I think any shade of gray plaster/pebble will look good with that tile. Stay toward the lighter shades as Patrick said if you don't want a darkish pool.

Hi Sophia, We are looking at doing a very similar size and style pool. Would you mind sharing a picture of how it came out? I really liked the tile you chose and concrete coping and french grey pebble sheen is in the running for us. We have a small yard, west facing that also can get quite a bit of shade from the two stories behind us.

Hi Sophia, We are looking at doing a very similar size and style pool. Would you mind sharing a picture of how it came out? I really liked the tile you chose and concrete coping and french grey pebble sheen is in the running for us. We have a small yard, west facing that also can get quite a bit of shade from the two stories behind us.

The OP has never been back to the forum in the last 2 years after their post ... I doubt you will get a response.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.