Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: And this is where I start to panic...

1. Back To Top    #1

And this is where I start to panic...

We're putting a small rectangular in-ground pool in a small back yard. The pool is 12 x 24 feet and will be salt water.
    It will get lots of afternoon shade. Our coping is poured in place concrete and a concrete deck.
    Tile went in yesterday and I'm starting to panic. It was darker and more blue than I expected. We are looking at a pebble sheen finish - maybe french grey but now I'm worried it wont look good with the tile. I don't want a dark pool and I want a grey finish with absolutely no green! Any advice would be helpful.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: And this is where I start to panic...

Welcome to TFP!!!

A little late to be worried now
    It will look fine, the tile is not going to change the color of the water.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Go with a very light Grey. No darker and you'll get what you like. Based on what you're saying even a medium Grey will be too dark.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4
    Savannah GA

Pretty tile
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

5. Back To Top    #5
    TFP Guide
    Greenville, SC

For what it's worth and for future thread searchers, when we resurfaced our pool a year ago, we went with a very light blue plaster. In retrospect I wish we had done white or nearly white. The deep end is 12 feet and sometimes it looks a little too dark for my taste down there. Not dangerous, just that the deep end is on the west side so as the sun sets it gets dim on that side. Next time it'll be lighter.
    35K gallon Krystle Krete (Plaster) - Sand Filter - TF100
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW Louisiana

Sophia, I wanted to start by welcoming you to the site, being nervous about such things is normal, try to relax and it will all sort itself out one way or another.

p.s. please be a little more specific on your location (region, or nearby city is fine), California is a big place, and advice we might give for the southern part may be out of place up near the Oregon state line.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Love that tile. I think any shade of gray plaster/pebble will look good with that tile. Stay toward the lighter shades as Patrick said if you don't want a darkish pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach