Hey from CT

shamrock2k

Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2015
ct
Just dropping in to say hello.
We recently moved to a larger home and just pulled the trigger on a 24' AG Sharlkine Matrix. All of the components are still in transit to me but I hope to be able to start my install in the next week or so.
My pool experience in the last quarter century is pretty much zero but I had an AG pool as a kid and operated and maintained a IG pool for a number of years at the hotel I used to work at back in the day.
We had a contractor over to get a price for a turnkey installation. I don't know if I look like a sucker or if this guy actually believed the steady stream of misinformation coming out of his mouth, but after 10 minutes listening to this guy, I decided we were doing the job ourselves. Two things important to me are making my pool easy to maintain and as cost effective as possible. So to help me reach those two goals, I've selected a 2 speed pump and a SWG. This site has help a ton with its straight forward approach to water treatment and the wealth of knowledge shared in all the discussions on all aspects of pool ownership. I've read through Pool School, fooled around with PoolMath calculator and read through plenty of threads to find answers to my many questions.
Thanks to all the members here, I'm confident that my first summer with this new pool will be be an enjoyable one.
Cheers!