Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Nautilus damaging walls ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Nautilus damaging walls ?

So I was about to pull the plug on this, but then I read some reviews on Amazon that the "black" housing causes black rubber marks on the walls when it bumps into them.

Has anyone who has one (or experience using them) had this problem ?

I have a fiberglass pool, and I know that the walls can scuff and if this MIGHT be a issue I need to avoid this cleaner.

Thanks in advance!
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Nautilus damaging walls ?

Can't say, I have the M5. No black tracks or bumpers on it anywhere.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Can't say, I have the M5. No black tracks or bumpers on it anywhere.
    yeah....I know....that is why I am second guessing
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Hopefully someone will have some experience with this model....I think plenty on this forum own one.

5. Back To Top    #5

Well I ended up buying one - and I purchased from Amazon. I know I might have a warranty issue, but at least I know I can return trouble free in the first 30 days if I get these black marks on my walls.

6. Back To Top    #6

I bought a Nautilus about one month ago. No issues with my vinyl liner. I absolutely love it, and wish I bought it sooner.
    ~15500 gal (60000 L) IG Vinyl, built 2011. Spill-over Spa. SWG - Zodiac DuoClear. Hayward Super Pump 3/4 HP. Pentair Sta Rite Max-E-Pro Booster for Spa. Hayward Sand Filter. Raypak Heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

Awesome thanks for the reply looking forward to getting it in a few days

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a Nautilus. No problems with black marks on my in ground liner or my white steps which it regularly tries to climp up. Its a great cleaner too.

I purchased from Amazon, but when it arrived I learned that it was actually shipped from and supplied by Epic Pool Supply.
    Even though purchased online, I have full 100 percent warranty through Epic.

Good luck with your Nautilus, I hope it works out for you.
    couple of pics of how it goes around the pool for you.

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Just to close this loop...ran my new Nautilus and no black marks on the walls....but he does not climb my FG walls (addressing in a new thread)

10. Back To Top    #10

I saw your other thread.
    you might want to give the cleaner a couple days to get accustomed to your pool and for the scrubbers to break in.

If you'rs was like mine, teh scrubbers were a bit flat and bumpy from teh weight of the cleaner sitting on it.. A couple days in the water and the scrubbers reshaped themselves and the cleaner just started doing a better job all around.

Anyways, I hope you get your problem with it sorted out.

Good Luck!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

11. Back To Top    #11

saw your other thread and replied. I have fiberglass and have not had black marks.
    12K gal, IG fiberglass, Hayward pump and sand filter, Aqua Rite 20 SWG, installed 2008, Taylor K-2006 w/magnet spinner

12. Back To Top    #12

Yep, so far to good on mine, no black marks....have used it about 4 - 5 times.