Here comes the stress!!!!!!

Amanda14

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2014
East Northport, NY
Surface
Vinyl
I have the loop loc off and the robot is running. I used Poly 60 at closing but do have algae. I usually don't run the robot but the water is clearer then in the past and I wanted to see if it still ran which it does.

I am having my SWG installed and wired over the weekend but between now and then should I test the water out of the gate? I have some leftover chemicals and shock so I am not sure if I should lay off doing anything until I test and post or add shock or other startup chemicals I typically used. Partially to get rid of them????

I know when I turn on the pump I will have some leaks and my intent is to do a power vacuum to waste to bring the water level down and really get great suction and get rid allot of the **** in the pool. So I think I answered my own question. Probably best to run pump, get water to level I want it, test water and then post? Good?

Since the SWG isn't installed I have the old cholorinator hooked up with no chemicals in it.

Appreciate the feedback

Once you are circulating for an hour or so, the first thing you need to do is test. Don't do anything else until you have some good numbers. Do you have one of the recommended kits?

How do you mean you'll have leaks?

I updated my signature to include the robot and TF-100. By leaks I mean the plumbing between the pump and other PVC areas. It is my annual Sisyphus experience! Pump is 17 years old and came with house when we bought it. That plus the filter connections etc usually lead to a leak

OK,

Are you able to keep the pool circulating? Just FYI, the robot isn't for this part of the process. If you have debris in the pool, rake out the bulk, but he wont help you on the Algae. You'll have to kill and filter it with the pool system.

Pool is circulating. Slow drip from attachment point from the component that you turn to waste, filter, backwash etc. It's the type where the are two outputs that screw into the filter. I think it is a leveling issue.

I plan to waste vac it - get the water down and test later

You need to get FC up to shock level. It is way below. What is your CC?

- - - Updated - - -

You need to get FC up to shock level. It is way below. What is your CC?

Your shock level will be between 12-16. I would go with a FCshock level of 16.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't know that yet, because I didn't want to test it after I added a bunch of bleach last night, but I am not going to add anymore. Was figuring wait until tonight and test again. Also, and which could complicate things is I am having my SWG hooked up today but cant add salt until tomorrow AM, since the pool I purchased the salt from at (4.99 per) didn't have any in stock, which I can't fathom. Anyway, appreciate any feedback.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.