LifeTime Supporter
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all. Opened my pool in upstate NY a few weeks ago, to crystal clear but cold water. The weather has finally turned warmer here and I started to bump up my filter run time as the water warmed. It's over 65 degrees now, but the water is cloudy. I use the TFP method, and have for last 3 years. My tests are using a Taylor k 2006 kit.
FC 7.0
CC 0.0
TA 100 (added baking soda as per pool math to bring it up)
PH 7.6
CH 100
CYA 50
I know the CH is low, but all other readings have been normal. Could the low CH cause cloudiness? I have added some calcium increaser, but maybe need more ( haven't tested level after adding). I have the 2 returns angled downwards, hoping to stir up the deep end. The water is clear til about 2-3 feet down where it appears cloudy.
The weather has been cold and just warmed up, there FC was never low while the temp was over 55.
Any ideas or suggestions? Should I SLAM just in case?
Thanks!
Rick

+1 what pooldv says. If your water came into the pool clear and you have been running the pump, then it seems likely algae has gotten a grip somehow along the way. My guess is it will clear quickly during the SLAM procedure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.